Is there anything better than a weekend. Nothing is better than a whole two days (three if your luck) to do whatever you want! Working professionally really makes you appreciate you own special time to do you own thing. I think my boss is hinting at me doing more work and training on my own time. I think about work enough as it is, and I need my weekends to refresh.
This weekend that is what I did. It was so much fun. First I made this tasty dish. From my light cooking book. It contains Spaghetti, Cherry Tomatoes, Shrimp, Onion, Garlic, Pesto and shaved real Parmesan. Nom Nom Nom. I ate it all. :-)
The next morning Alex had to leave early to go this volunteer tax thing he is doing. After walking the dog I went back to bed...and slept till 11:30! Who knew I was so tired. After lounging around, and doing my workout video I made a Katie Classic.
Below you will see the Katie Burrito. Yum. There are lots of ways to vary it. At min you need a tortilla shell, re fried beans and some salsa. It is obviously improved by cheese (i used fat free this time), and avocado slices but pre made guacamole is much better, some sliced tomatoes to top it. Roll it up. See it explode out the sides. Nom Nom Nom.
Saturday evening we went to visit Alex's sister in Beavercreek. Their kids school was having a fundraiser for the adults - Beer Tasting. It was so much fun. You walk in give them you tickets and they put a pink X on your hand. You hang your coat in the coat area and the gym is decorated with low lighting and playing music. Hello...very reminiscent of middle school dance aye? It was super fun anyways.
There was even a 50/50 raffle. They were raffling off three prize baskets and half the ticket proceeds. As I am sure you guess from the photo, I WON. Alex and Dusty (his sister's husband) were joking when the tickets started to be called how funny it would be if I won a very parent specific prize. Luckily this basket was full or beer labeled glasses, beer openers, beer bumber stickers and beer t shirts. Super cool! I am so excited.
Next I am going to break my cardinal rule or blog. Post a picture of me and boyfriend Alex. It was such a cute picture I wanted to post it. We haven't been taking photos lately so its nice to have a new one.
The next thing I am going to show you is from my new past time. Pinterest. Click here to see my posts. This tasty dish below is something I saw. Call it what you want but its definitely in the Mexican food family to me, Mexican cream cheese chicken perhaps. Super yummy. It starts like this...contains cream cheese, chicken, salsa, black beans, and corn.
Then it looks like this. I served it over brown rice. Super yummy. Next time I think I will add more of something. More veggies perhaps? Peppers and onions? Either way it turned out great. And thickens if you let is set.
I will leave you with these parting thoughts. Motivational Quotes when your feeling down. These were my favorites.
Wayne Dyer...
"How people treat you is their Karma. How you react is yours"
Jim Rohn...
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present"
Mike Ditka...
"Success isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal"
Albert Einstein...
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
Erica Jong...
"Everyone has talent. What's rare is the courage to follow it to the dark places where it leads"
Ralph Waldo Emerson...
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
No comments:
Post a Comment