Sunday's are nice.
I walked the dog. Did my workout video. Put some twirls in my hair following the advice of this new blog my friend showed me. Now my hair is light and bouncy and fun.
In an effort to procrastinate my homework and wait for them to load I decided to make soup. I am trying to be efficient. So I decided I needed to use up the rest of the pumpkin and the few carrots I had left from my goulash and make soup. I searched in the tasty kitchen and found this recipe Carrot, Ginger and Pumpkin Soup. I don't have real ginger but I do have powder ginger.
FYI - I don't measure. I am a mix and match type of cook.
I adapted the recipe as I went. First I started with onion and garlic. I love onion and garlic. I cooked it for about 5 minutes. Oh yea there is some olive oil in there.
Then I chopped up my carrots.I got out the pumpkin.
I mixed them all in the pot and tasted the broth (3 cups - half chicken broth half water). Seemed bland to me. I am trying to stop consuming so much salt so I will stop feeling so fat. Unfortunately my palate craves salt in my food. So I tried my best to season it otherwise.
I threw in various amounts of seasoning including: paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt free original blend, thyme, salt.
Then I got nervous that it was too broth-y. I kinda like my soups thicker. So I decided to add some protein. Shrimp sauteed with olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic.
Once I purreed the soup it really thickened up which was great. I added the shrimp and topped with some Parmesan. Turned out pretty good and used ingredients I already had. I have enough leftover for tomorrow as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment