Saturday, January 21, 2012

Restaurant Week and Pumpkin Cupcakes

Finding a way to write and post this blog has been like pulling teeth. My internet sucks so bad. I can't wait until I move. I may have to pay for it but at least then it will work consistently. This drives me crazy. 

   Well I have been having a wonderful weekend. It started out on a excellent note. First I solved the cold draft  problem with that saran wrap your window thing. Did it all by myself. I was proud. Boomer was impressed. 

    Then I got to go out for restaurant week. Alex is in Pittsburgh for a "Bro" weekend with a bunch of friends visiting his friend pat. Since that left me dateless for the weekend my good Friend Jackie stepped in. Jackie and I joined Jessa and her boyfriend and another couple they are friends with for a Fantastic Meal. 

    Let me paint you a picture. ;-) 

Price Fix 3 course menu, lots of red wine, and good company. We laughed so much. Jessa's boyfirend Ryan is easy to tease and is nice enough to play along. He also graciously paid for the wine for the evening - Thanks Again Ryan! 

The Full Menu Options can be found here

Course #1
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts - with vidalia onions, almonds, and carrots in Dijon Gastrique
OMG this was AMAZING. Ate it all the. Waitress made fun of me for cleaning the plate with my bread. 
I also got to taste the sun choke soup. It had a great smokey flavor at the bottom of the bite. Idk how else to say it. 

Course #2
Pan Roasted 8 oz New York Strip - with Idaho Potato and Gorgonzola croquette, green beans, peppercorn reduction, and port wine roasted shallot compound butter. 
OMG this was AMAZING. Ate it all the. Waitress made fun of me again. 

 Course #3
Lemon Gingersnap Tart - Lemon custard tart with gingersnap cookie crust, fresh berries, whipped cream , and passion fruit sauce
Really the meal was so good this light dessert rounded out well for me. 

Since there was freezing rain last night, Jackie stayed at my place so she didn't have to drive home in it. It was fun having her around - we used to be roommates FYI. We had a great chat in the morning, just like the old days. And Boomer liked having her here, he loves her. Its noticeable. 

After spending a glorious Saturday relaxing. Napping. I decided to do a little baking tonight. I recently discovered this blog dessert for two. Recipes paired down to only make enough for two. Love it! So this only made 4 cupcakes. Which is great. They won't be hanging around for two long and it was fun. 


Dessert for Two

Step 1 - Dry Ingredients
Step 2 - Wet Ingredients
Step 3 - Whisking

Step 4 - Not Pictured...combine wet and dry ingredients and whisk some more
Step 5 - Put them in the cupcake tray. It makes only 4. Which is awesome. Cause I don't need over a dozen just hanging around.
Step 6 - Bake...mine tool about 26 minutes
Step 7 - Steep a bag of Chai Tea with 2 Tbls hot water.
Step 8 - Beat butter and powder sugar. I sorta made a mess.
 Step 9 - Add the chai tea and continue to beat
 Step 10 - Let the cupcakes cool
Step 11 - Frost
Step 12 - Consume. I looked it up. Approximately 420 calories and 11 grams of fat. Give or take.

Well thanks for reading.
Ktbug

No comments:

Post a Comment