Saturday, January 14, 2012

I am confused

Hello Blog World

  How are you? Good I hope. Today's post is about what I have been up to, since this is my blog and I can say almost whatever I want. 

  In order to not start with work I will show you my latest knitting project. Zig Zag scarf. I don't often make scarves because I find them boring. But this went pretty fast. It ended up using up the whole skein except for the little bit pictured below. Its acrylic so its not particularly luxuriousness but its pretty and new. 


  I hate that I always start with work, that's why I opened with the scarf. But you know what, work is 5/7 days a week. I have now been working professionally for almost 6 months. I want to clear something up. I like my job. I work with fun people. I do challenging work. That's good. Sometimes its stressful, and sometimes you bump into people you don't particularly like and that may put a veil that I don't like my job over it. But what I want to be clear about is I DO like my job. Part of the first job experience is learning to not let it consume you. I am still learning.

  I am being encouraged to look into getting various certifications. Initially I was overwhelmed because this looks like very intense certification. It requires a lot of studying, and you have to pass a test. I DO NOT test very well. I am smart, but you may not believe me if you looked at my scores only. Oh well. I guess I will just have to start studying cause that's what the boss man wants. 

  Since I am still learning to not let work consume me. Sometimes its still a struggle to figure out how be happy at home on a stressful day. Its so consuming. I want to be perfect and impressive at my first job. I am trying really hard. I am probably just spinning my wheels most days, since my imperfection has a lot less to do with me and a lot more do with everyone else that day.

  These are things I am thinking about. Pretty mundane and general stuff here. Nothing ground breaking. 

  My neighbors are fighting again. I actually only have 1 neighbor. But his girlfriend comes over a lot, just to fight as far as I can tell. They are always yelling at each other. I can't wait to move. I feel like the walls are caving in on me here. I need to be able to spread out more.  

  While Alex is at a beer festival thing with his friends I am having a night at home. I bought myself some treats and wine. It should be nice to unwind with no (know or no? I can never tell) expectations. 

 


   I feel confused. What is even more confusing is I am not sure why.

Thanks for reading
Ktbug

No comments:

Post a Comment