I love cooking. Maybe I have missed my calling. I feel like my day is not complete unless i spend some time chopping, sauteing, sprinkling and tasting. I am not sure where I learned this passion from. My mom, whom is a fantastic cook, does not seem to enjoy cooking as much as I do. I just love this form of creation. I still follow recipes most of the time. I don't create off the top of my head but maybe a few more years of recipes and ill be able to make things up. Maybe ill write a cooking/knitting book in my future. I am also not the best baker yet but these muffins turned out all right.
I was searching earlier this week through this new food website I found called Tasty Kitchen and bookmarking things I like. I have found with this site if I don't book mark it ill never find it again. Since I had just bought some strawberries these caught my eye. Since I was making them after dinner for a treat I through in some cinnamon chips. I love cinnamon.
These are the muffins before the baked. I had to bake them way longer than the listed amount. I blame the stone muffin pan for that.
Strawberry Muffins with Cinnamon Chips
Then to fill most of my day I have been eagerly working on my new socks. Now you might remember these from an earlier post but I had to redo them because the size was wrong. These are called the ballet socks from the the toe up two at a time sock book. They are prettiest ones in the book in my opinion so that is where I am starting. The pattern was designed to weave gracefully in and out reminiscent of a delicate dance.I don't know if you can see it very clearly but this is what the pattern chart creates.
Gotta love the two at a time as well. Its taking way long than your typical sock but its gonna be cool to be done with both at once. Also it is much more important to pay attention and do it right to keep up with this pattern. Also I had to cast this one on 3 times during round 2 before I got it right.
Well that is all I am up to right now. I hope that was a more interesting read than the usual. Also you must try these muffins they really turned out great.
Thanks for reading
Ktbug
No comments:
Post a Comment