So much to catch up on Blog, how are you? Anything new?
Since my return from Canada I have been taking care of business. Cleaning things. Packing things. Unpacking things. Grocery Shopping. Shoe shopping. Business Casual clothes shopping. My glorious summer of nothingness is coming to an end. But ill be damned (did i mention my blog was PG-13) if I don't get as many things off my to do list done as possible.
First problem that needed solving was cleaning out my closet. I needed to make sure that I have all the business casual clothes needed for becoming a real 9-5 person. That includes shoes.
I love shoe shopping. Thanks to my good friend Jessa I have a renewed love for shoes. I seem to have particular luck at DSW when shopping alone. My patent pending ;-) technique is to find ones i like and walk around the store in them to make sure they don't rub. Works every time. These are newest beauties. Tan flat, snakeskin Sperry flat and awesome peep toe heels.
So I was driving home from the shoe store. Racking my brain trying to figure out what to do to salvage the weekend. My boyfriend is spending the weekend in Put In Bay with his friends and I am spending the weekend taking care of Boom and buying things (as you have already seen). Let's just say id rather be on an island sipping beer with friends than drinking wine with my dog in front of fan. So what do we do when we are sad. We by new shoes and make desert.
Enter the Strawberry Pineapple Crumble with blueberries. Since its July 4th I threw in something blue in an attempt to make a red, yellow (no fruit is white), and blue treat.
This is the crumble in the pan, it makes a nice 8x8 which is good if you don't have many people to serve. Its pretty dense and and has a creamy texture. Its not to sweet which makes it go great served warm with ice cream.
I had black raspberry chip ice cream from graters with my crumble and it was delicious. If your like my mom and pineapple in a baked good bums you out i think the recipe would still work if you put apples in instead.
Now what else does a young 20 something do when she needs to fill a Saturday night dog sitting. Redbox and knit that's what she do. I rented four movies and will remove them in a later post. If your curious what I am knitting its still that damn yellow sock. Turns out I made the wrong size and had to start over and I am having trouble casting on.
Finally lets remember July 4th is not only independence day but its also Boomers birthday. He turns 9 (i think) and shh don't tell him but I got him a beef flavored bone and canned food (he loves canned food) for his birthday. I think he will be excited.
Thanks for reading
Ktbug
No comments:
Post a Comment