Monday, July 11, 2011

Chicken Nuggets + Tater Tots = Awesome Weekend

Hello All

I got some surprise visitors this weekend. Some welcome and some unwelcome, but I think that's how it always goes. I don't have insightful personal pieces of wisdom today. Generally, I just have grips about things/people that bothered me that I try to twist into wisdom but everything has been okay for a while. No lessons learned. Through lessons usually need to take a while to sink in before they become learned. This weekend I got to see some great friends and enjoy time with them at my house. I am a home body so that is my preferred way.

Luckily I made enough delicious dishes to keep my reputation in tact with my guests. First treat I made is homemade chicken nuggets. I wanted chicken nuggets one day and thought hey "I have chicken and bread crumbs how hard could it be?" I scoured my moms leftover cook books and found a Barefoot Contessa book and in it there were Parmesan Chicken Fingers. Yum. All I had to buy was parm and I was set. Since I anticipated these to be fantastic I made lots. Which turned out to be a good plan since my welcome guests showed up as I scooped the last few out of the pan.

To make a complicated recipe less complicated I created an assembly line. First dredge in the flour. Then dip in the eggs (I used egg whites, cause who really needs the yolks). Then the bread crumb parm mixture.
Assembly Line
Once assembled I put them straight into the pan but since I made a lot and it said to not crowd the pan I needed a holding area too.
The holding Area
Pan Fry in Olive Oil and Butter
They were awesome and quickly eaten. Juicy and flavorful. My boyfriend said they were as good as KFC, meaning they were so good on their own they did not need dip. That didn't stop us from getting everything that could be considered dip out of the fridge. 

After that lunch we agreed to order pizza for dinner. 

After an evening of shenanigans downtown we needed a hearty breakfast. I was prepared and created the Tater Tot Skillet of Awesome. It was awesome indeed with some hearty additions. 

This is the final product. I did not get a good pick of it prior (sorry) but there are good pictures on the website it came from. This uses a cast iron skillet too which I think is so cool. Whats in it is a whole green pepper, whole onion, cup of peppers (all chopped up), and a pound of venison sausage. You saute those all together. Then mix in 3 cups precooked tater tots (I added an extra cup) dump in 7 eggs (the meat increased volume so I added eggs until the mixture was covered. Finally cover it with cheese (I used twice as much as the recipe called for) and bake for 15 minutes. Can you say amazing, or should I say awesome (lol). I served it with a fruit bowl of cantaloupe and baby watermelon. I figured the boys needed some fresh fruit in their life. And nothing says summer like watermelon. 

The last summer treat I have discovered is this awesome recipe for Iced Coffee. It is as good as described. Its not acidic. Easy to drink. I drink my coffee black but iced coffee is always good with more so have it your way (sorry to steal the slogan BK). If I ever needed to make a lot of it I think I would try this iced coffee recipe from the pioneer women.  

Since those feats I have not conquered anymore fine dinning but the week has just begun.
Thanks for reading
Ktbug

P.S. I changed my favicon to a cute little cupcake. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment