Sunday, March 20, 2011

Graduation Day

Graduation Robe. Cum Laude honors cords. Orange Tassel for Engineering. 
Today I am a graduate. I have a college degree. I have a job lined up that I can honestly say I am excited about and am looking forward to finishing my master's degree by this time next year. It took A LOT of people to help me to get to where I am today. I could not have done it without my friends, my parents, my brother, my academic advisor, my boyfriend (current and ex both were invaluable to my current success) and countless people who agreed to study with me to all of you I owe my success and gratitude. I have been meaning to change my major for over 4 years now and luckily none of you let me.

Highlights that my graduation taught me:
- It is okay to make mistakes but it is costly and painful to resolve them.
- Choose your spouse and your playmates wisely.
- Take the opportunities that force you out of your comfort zone for it is the only way to really learn and grow
- My dad (and mom) really loves me as can be seen by his (their) graduation present to me.

I think it will take sometime to settle in. I never thought I would make it this far. This is truly something great I have accomplished. This is something that took time, tears, laughter, humility, and perseverance.  To me this accomplishment gives me a bode of confidence that maybe I can take on the next thing life has to throw at me. Maybe I am smart enough to do this.

:-) I am a graduate!
ktbug

No comments:

Post a Comment