Its been a while. Over a month. Im sorry. My life has been busy. But you don't need excuses. No one likes excuses. But we always have excuses. No one plans to miss a deadline at work. No one plans to get stuck in traffic. No one plans to study really hard for a test and then run out of time and fail it. These things are not planned, accidental, and no one cares.
I have learned a lot of things in my few weeks as a "real person" in the working world. Never give excuses for anything, always answers and solutions. Always plan extra time, nothing goes as planned. A smile goes a long way but knowing what your talking about is better. Never contact anyone above your pay grade without making sure they are the right person to contact. Don't let your emotions get the best of you. Also, if you mess up at work and you get caught, you will have to bring in donuts.
On the lighter side. Now that I finally have my apartment setup I have been able to start cooking again. I tried my hand at a chicken pot pie from a blog i love, For the Love of Cooking.
Chicken pot pie is so easy to make when you buy a precooked chicken. Rotisserie chickens are my new favorite thing. As you can see the recipe makes a lot and I had to throw out about 1/3rd. Which my dog promptly tore about my trash can while I was away to eat it. He ate a whole brick of $8 cheese the week before that. Trouble maker he is. I love him most of the time, but certainly not all of the time. He presents such a problem most of the time. Though last weekend I was able to bring him to a tailgate party.
I think he had a good time. :-)
Finally the urge struck to knit after a few months hiatus. A guy a work just had a baby and she was premarture, and has to be in the hospital for 8 weeks. I remembered that I had a preemie pattern. Since I am not in the part of my life were i know little tiny babies and I knew this hate would take practically no time at all. So I leave you readers with the tiniest hat ever.
Thanks for reading
Ktbug
No comments:
Post a Comment