Now I do!! I have time again to do things! Its fantastic. Once I caught up on sleep I started catching up on my reading. I am not quite done with it yet but it is fantastic I highly recommend it. I may have to pick up his other books before the summer is over.
Next I caught up on my do to list of cooking. I attempted two recipes from on of my favorite food blogs "
For the Love of Cooking". I attempted the
vegetable pot stickers and the
carrot ginger rice. Lets first discuss the carrot ginger rice. Yummy. In my rush to make both of these i did this one first. In hindsight I should have done the other one first. In true college kid fashion i have never cooked with any rice other than minute rice, this was my first attempt at basmati rice and it is yummy. Very flavorful. I added shrimp to the recipe for a little bit of protein. Turned out great.
The pot stickers were somewhat complicated but turn out very pretty. I don't think I cooked them quite long enough and when i made the recipe it made far more than 20. I think they turned out good instead. I sprinkled a little bit of soy sauce on them and dipped them in sweet and sour sauce. Yummy.
Looks like a professional made them right??
I still have more things to cook, read, and knit before my free time disappears forever.
Thanks for reading
Ktbug
yum! I adore pot stickers. These look just fantastic!
ReplyDelete