Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I love Hobbies

Summer Time without a job is fantastic. I get to do all the things I love. All these things have kept me away from my blog through and for that I am sorry. I will attempt to catch you up on everything I have been working on.

First: Yummy Food
Creamy Chicken Baked Flautas which which are super yummy. The picture does not do them justice. They are full of chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and seasonings. If your human then you must agree cream cheese alone means these taste fantastic.  
I also made the recomneded dipping sauce Cilantro and Lime Sour Cream yummy as well. 
Then for a yummy side to balance the meal, Colorful Black Bean Salad. Fantastic. You make it early and let the flavors marinate in the fridge for a few hours. Its great.
Second: Knitting
 Finally finished these silly socks. I think I did the cable wrong. These are from the book Favorite Socks.
By finishing those though I can know focus on socks from my new book. Toe-Up Two-at-a-Time Socks this is as far as I have gotten. I have two tiny toe covers. Ill keep you posted on my progress i have high hopes. Though at this phase they seem a bit big.
Third: Baseball
We (alex and I) went to the tribe game. Dollar dog night and fireworks. A good time and much needed date night. 

Fourth: Yummy Food Two
 these recipes I can't link for you besides to tell you buy the rachel ray look and cook book, its fantastic. These crescent rolls were adapted from the recipe in the book for the chicken with peaches dish. These crescent rolls have bacon and cheese rolled into them. Must do this again, amazing.
I trust any recipe by Rachel Ray that involved chicken. Its always flavorful and juicy. The flavors in this dish are peaches, slow cooked in a skillet with butter and lemon. Chicken cooked in a skillet with salt and pepper. And a sauce that contains chicken stock, shallot, ginger, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Absolutely amazing, and explosion of flavor.

That is about everything that has happened since I last checked in. I must take off for Canada soon so I should get back to packing.

Thanks for reading
Ktbug

No comments:

Post a Comment