Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Party!!

The Deserts!!
Featuring Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Truffle Cookies & Secret Family Recipe Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with
Chocolate Chips and Cocoa Powder
Caramels to Drizzle on the Top


You roll the dough around a caramel.
If you don't do it right it looks like this
and is very hard to get off the cookie sheet. 
Family Recipe Cookies
Final Version of Chocolate Truffle Cookies

The Appetizers!!
Featuring: Stuffed Mushrooms, Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip and Cranberry Meatballs

The prep for the Mushrooms - so they could be hot out of the  oven when the party starts
 It turns out this is a complex Dip recipe that requires blanching spinach and basil leaves.
   
 Then you have to food process white kidney beans, with neufchatel cream cheese, garlic and chicken broth.
 The meatballs had a sauce that consisted of chili sauce, cranberry sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.
 Make meatballs and then you mix them up with the sauce and keep warm.
 
 I also featured a cheese plate of Brie, a form of Gouda and white cheddar.
 Ribbon Candy
 The final version of the stuffed mushrooms
 Really yummy punch
 Pretty cookies
 Yummy Dip

The Decorations!!
I tried my best to put little touches of Christmas everywhere
Window Treatments
 


A menu and festive plates and napkins. 
Stockings and Tiny Tree
Christmas Tree

It turns out the girls I invited don't eat very much so there were lots of leftovers that I ate all day today. I think they had fun - we talked - we laughed. It was a good opportunity to catch up which was really the point - to get everyone together again.

Thanks for reading
Ktbug
 

No comments:

Post a Comment